At least fourteen Central American immigrants who were traveling with the Pueblo Sin Fronteras caravan through Mexico have been admitted entry into the San Ysidro Port of Entry since Sunday afternoon the San Diego Union-Tribune reported. Two mothers, each with two children were admitted today.
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency did not confirm those numbers for the Union-Tribune, but the agency said Monday that they would resume processing immigrants who did not have documents for entry as capacity allows.
So far, about 140 immigrants with the caravan have set up shop outside the U.S. Border cross known as PedWest. On Monday, eight caravan members, three mothers, four children, and an 18-year-old, were among those initially admitted to the Port of Entry.
Attorney assisting with the migrants in the caravan say they have up to 200 participants preparing to request asylum.
At least 11 suspected caravan members were taken into custody Monday night after they were discovered attempting to cross the border illegally into the country.
CBP Chief Patrol Agent Rodney Scott said remaining caravan members should follow the law.
``If anyone has encouraged you to illegally enter the United States, or make any false statements to U.S. government officials, they are giving you bad advice and they are placing you and your family at risk,'' he said.
``We are a very welcoming country but just like your own house, we expect everyone to enter through our front door and answer questions honestly. On a national level that front door is the Ports of Entry. If you enter the United States at any place other than a Port of Entry it is a crime.''
Photo: Getty Images