Man Sent to Hospital After Eating World's Hottest Chili Pepper


An upstate New York man was hospitalized with severe headaches after eating the world's hottest chili pepper. 

The man ate a "Carolina Reaper" during a hot-pepper eating contest and over the next few days, he began to suffer what's known as "thunderclap headaches", quick, painful headaches that can also cause nausea or vomiting. 

The man was diagnosed with Reversible Cerebral Vasoconstriction Syndrome, or RCVS, and the symptoms eventually went away.  

Doctors say there are no previously recorded cases of RCVS caused by hot peppers....so congrats to you, dude!

For those who have no idea what we are talking about, or assume a pepper can't be that bad, let me introduce you to some of my favorite videos of people who thought the same:


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content