Today drivers in the Coachella Valley have 3 hours to fill up their cars for $1.99 per gallon as part of another effort to repeal the gas tax.
A rally at the ARCO station on Jefferson Street at Avenue 42 started at 12:30pm, and the cheap gas will only be available from 1:00 - 4:00pm.
The effort is organized by East Valley Republican Women Federated and Republican Congressional candidate Kimberlin Brown Pelzer.
Pelzer said in a press release:
“I’m proud to be part of the statewide movement to repeal this Gas Tax that has been devastating to working families and seniors on a fixed income. The politicians who supported this massive tax did not listen to the people – we can’t afford higher taxes – we’re going to get this measure qualified so that Californians can finally have their voices heard in November!”
The ARCO owned by Nachhattar Chandi is located at 42334 Jefferson St in Indio:
In addition to the ARCO launch location, petitions will also be available at the following stations until the repeal qualifies:
- 90480 66th Avenue Mecca, CA 92254
- 52138 Harrison St Coachella, CA 92236
- 48055 Grapefruit Blvd Coachella, Ca 92236
- 41910 Jackson St Indio, CA 92203
- 42334 Jefferson St Indio, CA 92201
- 82338 Hwy 111 Indio, CA 92201
- 74950 Gerald Ford Palm Desert, CA 92211
- 27900 Date Palm Dr Cathedral City, CA 92234
- 67625 E. Palm Canyon Dr Cathedral City CA 92234
- 1717 E. Vista Chino Palm Springs, CA 92262
- 44333 Golf Center Prky Indio, CA 92203