WHAT WE KNOW
- A 20-year-old "retired" background screening worker from Florida claimed the fourth-largest jackpot in Mega Millions lottery history, lotto officials confirmed.
- Meet Shane Missler, of Port Richey, (that's ironic) was the lone winner of the Jan. 5 jackpot.
- He took the lump sum payout of $281.2 million.
- Missler purchased the ticket at a 7-Eleven convenience store in Port Richey, about 40 miles northwest of Tampa.
- He wasted no time in telling officials he was holding the winning ticket.
- He used his $5 in scratch-off lottery ticket winnings to purchase the five Mega Millions of Quick Pick tickets.
- The 7-Eleven will receive a $100,000 bonus commission for selling the winning ticket.
- Missler said he had a feeling he was going to win.
- Call me kay!