We all got a present this year that we just don't want.
It's ok. I'm sure it is a very nice gift and I'm sure they put a lot of thought into it.
That doesn't mean you have to keep it.
Rather than putting it in the closet or garage, why not sell it?
As a matter of fact, January is the best month to put it on the market.
Before you do, we have some pro tips for you that are sure (maybe...) to get your item sold:
- Get your post looking good - use eye-catching keywords and good pictures
- Pump up the price - start high so the haggling drops it to a level you like
- Post it a few times - post the same product multiple times in different categories
- Sell it to the first buyer - go with the "first come first serve" method, never hold an item
- Meet somewhere public - do not have anyone meet you at your house for pick-up
Read the full story at USA Today