35-year-old Maksud Khan was admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Hospital in Satna, Madhya Pradesh, India after complaining of abdominal pains.
Doctors performed an endoscopy and were shocked to discover that Khan had 263 coins and 100 nails in his stomach.
It wasn't just coins and nails, the man's belly was also full of shaving blades, shards of glass, stones, and a 6-inch rusted iron shackle.
Khan is believed to suffer from mental health problems and never told his friends or family about his strange addiction to eating metal.
"The patient was complaining of stomach pain, so we thought of getting an endoscopy done. We were shocked to discover coins, nails and nut-bolts in his stomach. It's the first time we've come across such a case in our career. This man looks mentally unstable as no sane person would do something like this."
Some relatives were aware of his habits. One relative said that Khan had become depressed, and that's probably what got him hooked on metal:
"Whenever he felt the urge to ingest a coin, he ingested it with water."
Khan is now out of danger and very lucky to be alive, as some of the nails were piercing his stomach. He vows to never eat metal objects again.