Photo Credit: Getty Images
LOS ANGELES (CNS) - Former rap mogul Marion ``Suge'' Knight's fiancee pleaded no contest today to conspiring to violate a court order by selling video evidence that is under seal in his upcoming murder trial.
Toi-Lin Kelly, 36, was immediately sentenced to five years of formal probation and ordered to perform 100 hours of community service following her plea to one count of conspiracy to violate a court order, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Douglas Sortino also ordered Kelly not to have any contact with Knight while the murder case and two other criminal cases are pending against him.
``She looks forward to moving on with her life,'' Kelly's attorney, Dmitry Gorin, said after the hearing.
Kelly's attorney said he plans to eventually ask that the felony charge to which she pled be reduced to a misdemeanor and expunged from her record.
Two other counts against Kelly -- conspiracy to obstruct justice and conspiracy to commit grand theft -- were dismissed as a result of her plea.
Kelly, who has been in custody for just over a month, was expected to be released from jail sometime today, her attorney said.
A grand jury indictment handed up July 28 and unsealed Sept. 13 charged Kelly and Knight's business partner, Mark Blankenship, 57, with the three felony counts.
Kelly and Blankenship are accused of arranging the sale of a video of a fatal hit-and-run crash in which Knight is charged with murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run. Knight allegedly plowed down two men with a pickup truck in the parking lot of Tam's Burgers in the 1200 block of West Rosecrans Avenue on Jan. 29, 2015. Terry Carter died, but Cle ``Bone'' Sloan survived his injuries.
The prosecution alleged that Kelly and Blankenship were aware that the video was subject to a protective order that had been issued by a judge barring the release of any evidence in the case.
Kelly reached a deal worth $55,000, and the video was posted on TMZ days later, according to the District Attorney's Office.
Blankenship is due back in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom for a pretrial hearing Oct. 24.
Knight, 52, is awaiting trial in the murder case. He also has two other cases pending, including one in which he is charged with stealing a camera from a female paparazzo in September 2014 and another in which he is charged with threatening the director of the movie ``Straight Outta Compton.''